Mark your diary: SmithNovak’s Italy NPL conference nears
The European non-performing loan (NPL) community will come together to network at SmithNovak’s 5th annual NPL Italy conference, where leading senior professionals will benefit from a highly-informative and timely discussion of macro and market themes.
The in-person one-day conference will be held on Thursday 23 June at the Enterprise Hotel Milano, in the centre of Milan. Debitos is the Transaction Platform Partner for the SmithNovak’s NPL Italy conference which will bring together key Banks, Funds, Servicers and Advisors operating in the Italian and European markets.
This one-day conference is expected to be well attended. In previous years, more than 200 delegates attended. The event’s itinerary includes six main panel sessions with plenty of time and space for group and one-to-one networking with clients, partners, prospects and peers.
“We are delighted to be sponsoring SmithNovak’s 5th annual NPL Italy conference this year,” says Timur Peters, founder and CEO of Debitos. “The pace of events – from the macro, geopolitics, incoming EU regulation and bank deleveraging – is unfolding extremely fast. These industry events are so crucial to help sector professionals keep up-to-date with external market influences and, more importantly, provide an opportunity to meet in person with valued clients, partners and peers.”
Below is a preview of just some of the themes that will be covered:
- Market Update
- Discussion on the current Italian NPE pipeline and breakdown by sector and loan classification
- Panellists will also discuss recent transactions, visible pipeline and evolution of NPLs versus unlikely-to-pay (UTP) facilities within the Italian market.
- The Italian Servicing Market
- The view from Banks and Servicers will be explored, with a focus on cost-efficiency, technology and automation, and industrialisation:
- Servicers will discuss the challenges presented in managing UTPs
- NPL Securitization
- Panellists will discuss the pros and cons of securitization vs auctions for Banks and Investors.
- Digital securities and asset tokenization: how can technology be used in complex securitized structures?
- Buying & Selling: the Italian transactions market
- This session will discuss how banks will manage the increased Italian NPL and UTP deal flow over the next 12 months.
- The key exposures will be explored – between SME and Corporate facilities, as well as by sectors
- Technology & Innovation
- The discussion will explore how technology can support data improvement, UTP sales and recoveries.
- The role of online platforms to improve the loan sale management, asset management and workouts, will also be explored.
- The challenges technology poses to banks will also be explored.
- Focus on UTPs
- Panellists will answer what measures were introduced by the government to help banks cope with a projected increase in UTP loans due to the impact of the Covid-19?
Much more will be covered across the panel and within the multiple breakout networking opportunities. If you would like to attend this conference, please do get in touch with SmithNovak directly. We hope to see you there.